- “Mentoring 4 Success concludes an important Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the South African Institute of Civil Engineers (SAICE), to offer a series of scarce and critical skills and knowledge transfer and structured mentoring short courses, workshops and programmes to the Civil Engineering and Construction sector”.
- Mentoring 4 Success is now able to offer a full Professional Registration Support Structured Mentoring Programme to the engineering and construction sector, which will support and drive improved numbers of young engineering graduates achieving their professional registration status far quicker than the norm at present. This is a full Category C Programme in terms of the DTI Skills Matrix and therefore satisfies the requirements of the Amended BBBEE Codes 2015 and also qualifies for a Section 12H Learnership Grant. This is important news for Nation Building and the National Development Plan and “Skills for SIP’s” initiatives.
Mentoring 4 Success – Latest Events and News
- Philip Marsh presented a keynote address on “Knowledge Swarms and Experiential Hives – a model for nation building through knowledge mentoring” at the annual SACPCMP Conference at the Sandton International Conference Centre on the 28th October, 2016
- Philip Marsh presented a 3 hour masterclass on “Structured Mentoring in the Engineering and Construction Sectors” at the annual SACPCMP Conference at the Sandton International Conference Centre on the 26th October, 2016
- Philip Marsh presented “Knowledge Swarms and Experiential Hives – a model for nation building through knowledge mentoring” at the Learning Innovation Africa Conference, at the Turbine Hall in Newtown on 21st September 2016 – Video Link
- Philip Marsh invited as keynote speaker to present “Knowledge Swarms and Experiential Hives” at the 8th Annual Quantity Surveying Conference in Bloemfontein, 15th October 2015.
- Philip Marsh invited as keynote speaker to present “The critical role of Structured Mentoring in Learnerships and Work Integrated Learning” at the 3rd Annual Learnerships and Work Integrated Learning Conference in Gauteng, 29th October 2015.
- Philip Marsh received the Global Knowledge Management Leadership Award at the 2015 Global KM Congress in Mumbai, 23rd July 2015.
- As Mentoring 4 Success Pty Ltd is a proud Corporate Sponsor of the Nation Building project “Partners for Possibility”, it was an honour to catch Director Shelley Marsh with her allocated Partnership School Principal, Barbara Peega and guest speakers, Adv. Thuli Madonsela and MEC for Gauteng Education Lesufi, at a celebration of achievement function.
- Philip Marsh will be presenting his work on “Preparing for the Scarce and Critical Knowledge Demands of the much vaunted National Development Plan – practical experiences and discussions to address a looming potential disaster and strategic national imperative” at the South African KM Summit from 27th to 29th May 2015 in Pretoria.
- Philip Marsh has been invited to present his research on “Knowledge Swarms and Experiential Hives – the future of the ageing knowledge expert in developing and transformational societies” at the Global Knowledge Management Congress from 23rd to 25th July 2015 in Mumbai, India
- Philip Marsh’s article is published in the Hard Hat Professional entitled “A Glimpse Into The Communication Challenges Faced By HardHat Professionals”. In Feb 2017.
- Philip Marsh submits and article to the Hard Hat Professional entitled “The Art of Good Communication and Mentoring in the Engineering and Construction Sector”. In Feb 2017.
- Philip Marsh submits an article “Professional Registration Support Mentoring – and the emergence of the professional cyber-sage” in the Jan / Feb 2017 edition of Civil Engineering, published by the South African Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Philip Marsh is invited by author Marius Meyer, CEO of SABPP, to prepare a case study on “Structured Mentoring in the Engineering and Construction Sectors – lessons in excellence” for a book to be published by LexisNexis entitled “Managing Human Resource Development: A Strategic Learning Approach”. 5th Ed. Durban. LexisNexis IN 2017.
- Philip Marsh is currently preparing a paper on the subject of “Cascade Mentoring – mobilising the entire engineering value chain, to address the critical Skills and Knowledge Crisis in the South African construction sector in preparation for the National Infrastructural Development Plan” (still to be presented at the South African Knowledge Management Summit – May 2016
- Philip Marsh publishes an article entitled “Critical Knowledge Transfer” in the Human Capital Review on-line publication in Jan 2015.
- Philip Marsh publishes a 42 000 word book entitled “Knowledge Mentoring – a Framework to Bridge the Global Scarce and Critical Skills and Knowledge Crisis.” – self-published in May 2014.
- Philip Marsh published “Preparing the next generation of engineers – Group coaching and structured mentoring will be an essential element of success” in Civil Engineering October 2013.
- Philip Marsh – published “Expert Profiling – an essential knowledge based tool for Structured Mentoring Interventions” in Civil Engineering March 2013
- Knowledge Transfer” in Civil Engineering Jan/Feb 2012
- Philip Marsh – published “Intentional Story Telling as a tool for transferring knowledge and wisdom” in Civil Engineering June 2012
- Philip Marsh – published “Building Relationships of Trust – Part 2 of Effective Short Resume in Civil Engineering” January 2012
- Philip Marsh – published “Transferring Knowledge at the Speed of Intent – Part 1 on Effective Knowledge Transfer” in Civil Engineering May 2011
- Philip Marsh – published “Developing the future of the South African engineering talent pool through Structured Mentoring” in Civil Engineering Jan/Feb 2011
- Philip Marsh – co-authored “Bridging the Gap with Structured Mentoring” in Engineering News Oct/Nov 2010